Over the past 10+ years, Columbia has been working on the Tufts campus providing our Construction Management expertise on a number of projects. One focus of our efforts was to renovate many of their residence halls. In Tufts effort to provide a positive experience for each student, they embarked on a deferred maintenance program to upgrade all of their residential buildings. To-date Columbia has worked on a number of these projects, including:
- Replacement of the HVAC system serving the 3-story, 200,000 sf Tisch Library.
- Major renovations to Barnum-Dana Hall, one of the oldest buildings on the Medford campus.
- Interior renovations to a number of residential halls across campus including West & Hill Hall, Wren & Haskell Hall, Carmichael Hall, Hodgdon Hall, South Hall, Stratton Hall, and Latin Way.
- Complete renovation of the exterior envelope of Carmichael Hall including brick and mortar repair, window and flashing replacement and roof upgrades.
- Reconfiguration of Halligan Hall to include new offices, classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Renovations to the 4 Colby Street Science and Technology Building.
- Build-out of the LEED Gold Biololgy Cluster Laboratory at 200 Boston Avenue for 70+ researchers.
Since 1998 Columbia has been working on the Tufts campus, completing over $40 million in a number of renovation and new construction projects to-date.